Saturday, May 15, 2010

Shoes....how I miss you!

I know this is completely superficial...and you probably will think I'm a very bad missionary....but I have comes to terms with this so you must also.

I miss my shoes....

I had so many at one time....now I have six...3 flip flops, 2 Keen sandals, and tennis shoes. Boring I know...

Do you remember these?? I do...

I miss the way they feel on my feet...I miss the smell of new leather...I miss my feet hurting from wearing heels all day.

These are waiting on me when we come back to the states in 2014...a long time from now...


This is all www.thepioneerwoman.com/confessions fault....she blogs about her shoes all the time... I must stop reading!!

I tried to prepare myself for not being able to shop, by bringing extra new clothes and leaving them packed away so I could "shop" and pull out new clothes when I got tired of my current ones. But I didn't do that for my shoes! What was I thinking??!!

So if you are out shopping today, go try on a pair of the cutest heels you can find, the most expensive nicest shoes and think of me in Africa with my $2.50 flip flops from Old Navy. Just don't tell me about it...because I might cry. Well not really cry...ok yes I would cry so just keep it to yourself ok?

2 comments:

  1. Oh honey. You are not a bad missionary. Most of us, like- 99.7 percent of the population, could never imagine giving ourselves so wholly to a divine purpose that we'd be willing to move across the globe to a land so completely different and to a life that is certainly harder than it is in the US, all while giving up so many of the comforts that we've grown to think of as "necessities" instead of luxuries. So you miss your shoes. Any girl would. But, in the meantime, you are doing an amazing thing. That's gotta be worth a few new pairs (or a dozen) when you get home, right? Sending love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and my teenage daughter share the same passion for shoes.....:)

    Great to find you through TK. Look forward to getting to know you the work you are doing better through your blog.

    ReplyDelete