Wednesday, October 22, 2014

A new goat trail

We are moving.....if it’s possible to be looking forward to it and dreading it all at the same time, then that’s what’s going on…we’re moving…

While we were in the States, God moved in our lives in BIG ways. He showed us very clearly what He wanted for our next term. Even when I didn’t understand it, He still showed us through others what He wanted. And for that, I can say that we are excited to see what God has in store for us in our new location. We know that is where we are supposed to be, and so we are excited about the newness. Excited about making new friends, finding new villages, finding new places in a new market, making new dumb decisions…the whole lot. We are excited.

But at the same time we are dreading it. Our old town was great. We love it. It feels like home. Being able to walk out of the market and speak to anyone is great! Being able to go into an office and speak clearly is so helpful! Knowing where all the little hidden treasures are is comforting. Not having to make new friends for this introvert is a sigh of relief. Seeing people we have prayed for accept is an answered prayer! Seeing God work in huge ways is amazing!!  And now we have to leave….

I’m not going to lie. I’ve had a couple of moment this week of pure narcissism. If we were here, then this wouldn’t have happened like this. If we were here, then this would be happening. If we were here, then____________. But then I’m reminded: God doesn’t need me here. He’s made that clear. And things are happening the way that they are going to happen. God blesses me by allowing me to be a part of His work, but He doesn’t need me. He chooses me. He chooses others. And the work that He is doing will continue and grow, whether I am here or not.


And so I will only look forward, to our new town, to the new adventures that await us. Because looking back will only make you trip over the goat lying in the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment