Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Getting up

January 22, 2016

The last month has been really hard for us. Processing what the news of infertility means for our family has not been an easy road to walk. It doesn’t help that there is almost no one here near us that can understand. But we are thankful for our family and friends in the States that have reached out to us, prayed with and for us and carried us through this last month.

The only way I can describe how I feel is this:

I was standing at the top of the stairs and someone pulled the rug out from under me and left me tumbling down landing flat on my back at the bottom, broken, bloodied, battered and bruised.

How do you get up from something like this? How do you even get to one knee? These are all questions I’ve been asking myself over the last days and weeks. How God do I do this?




I don’t have an answer yet. All I know to do is to try to pray, even if that means crying and allowing the Holy Spirit to intercede for me. And to keep trying to trust that God has a reason for all this pain we are going through, that through all this we may become more like Him that His glory may be shown one day. The only thing I know to do is to take one day at a time with Him leading the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment