Thursday, October 20, 2011

Hold the mayo

I'm not much of a breakfast eater. I guess I was in the States when I had easy access to cereal and good milk, but other than cereal I usually don't take the time to make eggs or pancakes or anything else that requires some work for the morning meal.

That being said, most people here eat a simple breakfast of bread and mayonnaise. Yes you read that correctly. Bread slathered with mayo. Slathered....as in a lot. Honestly it kinda grosses me out and it's probably one of a few culture customs I will never participate in. I really try to dive into the culture as much as possible but this is not one of those areas. I'll eat the bread, but please hold the mayo!

Just a random thought from the day :) P.S. Did you know that last year on my birthday our landlord gave me a huge jar of mayo as a present? Yep...they love them some mayonnaise!

No comments:

Post a Comment