Monday, December 3, 2012

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas

Cold season has arrived just in time for Christmas and I am savoring every minute of it! Here's just a small idea of what this time of year looks like for us...


1. Long pants and socks..only inside the house of course because socks outside would be ridiculous and wind up black...unless they were black to begin with...but we aren't so far gone as to wear black socks with tennis shoes!

2. Seeing Africans walking around in down coats, scarves and stocking hats. Hil.ar.ious.

3. Reintroducing scarves to my wardrobe!!!

4. Being able to drink hot coffee in the morning and hot tea at night.

5. Actually being able to snuggle with B at night without one of us saying "Stop touching me. You're making me sweat!"

6. Speaking of sleeping, sleeping with blankets and sheets again. Enter my down comforter which my father told me was crazy to bring but which I brought for sentimental reasons and...well lets face it for beautifying the bedroom...now I'm so glad that I brought it because I can use it again!

7. Taking a hot shower on purpose and staying in longer to stay warm

8. Not having to wash clothes quite so often because they aren't soaked in sweat by the end of the day!

9. Our dog, Ani, wanting to snuggle!

Now lots of people will ask me "What's the temperature for cold season?". I have no idea. My reasoning is simple....why do I want to know the temperature? When it's hot and humid, does it matter that it's 100 or 110 degrees? When it's cold to me, does it matter that it might actually only be in the 80's? I think I'm better off not knowing and just appreciating the weather as it is. But that's just my humble opinion. I will say that all my Midwest blood that makes me be able to take freezing cold weather and snow has pretty much evaporated in the heat here so anything cooler than 85 might as well be 45. 


No comments:

Post a Comment