Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful



Today I am thankful for so many things that I could never list them all…but I’ll list just a few J

I am thankful for my family… as a co-worker put it so beautifully, ”thankful to have a family it hurts to miss” ..Doesn’t that sum it up perfectly?J

I am thankful for my wonderful husband who is my best friend and who loves me with everything he is.

I am thankful for my company who allows me to serve the Lord in the most perfect way for me, who allowed me to bring my “things” with me (I know it’s petty but it helps on those days that are hard), and who provides us with so many benefits like a car, a house and running water.

I am thankful for my co-workers who are there to support me, listen to me and encourage me.

I am thankful for all our volunteers who sacrifice so much to come out here and share God’s love with the people here that we love so much.

I am thankful for our car that allows us to get out to hard to reach places and has A/C J

I am thankful for our dogs that make me laugh with their antics.

I am thankful for our night guard who makes me feel a little safer at night and tries his hardest to take good care of us

I am thankful for technology, especially for Google and Skype…Google which got me through my first year of cooking everything from scratch and having to find substitutes and Skype because I get to see my family every week and talk to my friends whenever I want

I am thankfully for iced coffee…again minor things, but it gets me through the hot season!

And finally but most importantly I am thankful for my God that allows me to be a part of His marvelous plan, who gives me the privilege of working for Him in this capacity (even though He doesn’t need me) and sharing His love with the people here.  I am so thankful for His forgiveness of my imperfectness and my shortcomings and His grace. And I am so thankful that He sent His Son to die for my sins that I might have a relationship with Him. What an amazing God we serve!!


No comments:

Post a Comment