Friday, August 30, 2013

5 things you may or may not want to know about me


First off here's an update from my previous post about our friend Cassius!

Rainy season is here in full force, which means that the amount of time we have to do ministry is somewhat limited. I recently saw a “6 Things You Might Like to Know About Me” by a fabulous fellow blogger and thought since nothing exciting happened this week other than my makeup being stolen (insert tears and heartache here) I might share some fun things with you. So here’s my 5 things you probably didn’t know about me (and sorry to bore you if you did)!

1. I am an uber SYTYCD fan: For those of you that aren’t fans, first of all you’re missing out. Secondly it’s So You Think You Can Dance. Because we live overseas, I can watch all the episodes in a row and not have to wait a week or two for a new episode. So I tend to wait until the season is over and watch the season in a couple weeks or more or less :) I’m also convinced that somewhere in this body is a fantastic dancer just crying to get out, but every time I let it out it’s not so fantastic. I tried to convince my teammates in 2011 to participate in the National Dance Day with a flash mob in the market here. I had no takers :(

2. I’m pretty adventurous. When we first moved here, B and I would drive down these random dirt roads, out of the city and just explore. We were invited to a lot of villages that way. I’ve explored the bazaars in Marrakech, traversed the streets of Vienna, wandered around Rome and Venice, and trekked through the streets and alleys of Prague. Mostly without maps or knowing where I was going.
On a swinging bridge in Morocco that had lots of holes!!
I will try pretty much anything once (not meats) and have rarely found something I didn’t like. But my favorite thing to do where we are is wander down the random dirt roads/paths. You meet some of the best people that way!!


3. I love love love women’s hair in this country. I wish they wore it naturally instead of in braids, but no matter what it’s always gorgeous.

Click here to check out the amazing Nigerian dress!
I wish that white Midwestern girls could pull off an Afro (yes I said it. I don’t know what else to call it and I’m deeply sorry if that word offends anyone. Please nicely tell me of a different word and I’ll use that!) because I would totally rock that!

4. I was paparazzi for a day! One of the days we were in Prague, a friend and I spotted Jensen Ackles from the show Supernatural and I think he was on a soap opera and we followed him around for a bit, got some pictures and then tried to figure out where he was staying.

Jensen Ackles in the flesh!
It was my only real celebrity sighting and I never thought I would respond that way, but I did. AndI’m not ashamed. He even smiled at me! Insert 12 year old girl scream here!

5. I’m pretty goofy when you get to know me. I think most people think I’m a serious kind of person, but just ask my husband. I’m not. My favorite Christmas movie is Elf. I much prefer comedies to drama. Goofy faces, funny voices and hilarious movie line are reserved for those closest to me.

Headlock!
So you know you’re in when I bust out the Napoleon Dynamite lines and speak in a very bad British accent.



So those are just some random thoughts about myself! What is something random that most people wouldn’t know about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment